Friday, April 4, 2008

Losing a Friend

So to add the the frustration that I've already had this week, I lost a friend too. And was sideswiped by it all to boot.

I was planning to go to OWC to wakeboard after work on Wednesday. One friend was supposed to meet me there, and I sent a text to my other friend asking if she wanted to meet me there. What unfolded next knocked me off my feet. I get a text back about how awful of a person I am and how her new friends can't believe that she puts up with me and basically said she wants nothing to do with me anymore.

Come to find out she was upset that I was jealous about her job. Which I admitted, I wanted it but was under contract with the current job I have. Still that shouldn't upset her that much. Hell, she knew I wanted it and kept going on and on about how great it was and how much stuff she got. If anything I should be mad at her for rubbing it in my face.

Then she says how she didn't like it that I mentioned I helped her get the job. But I did! I told her about it. It was my friend that was already working there. The boss actually even said he didn't think she would work for the job off of her resume. I knew she needed a job bad, and figured that if I couldn't get it - the next best thing would be to get one of my best friends the job. So I talked her up and pushed my friend to help her get the job, gave her the contact info on my friend, and she ended up getting the job.

Is it so wrong for me to mention it when a friend of hers asks me if I work with her or how I knew her??? Does me mentioning that I helped her get the job equal me putting her down and criticizing her? No, but that's how she took it. I remember when she was freaking stoked that I helped her get it and was thanking me all the time. She was the one who said she was going to hook me up with free stuff, but then proceeded to hook up all her new friends and not me.

I guess I should have seen it then, that my "good friend" failed to hook me up with stuff but all her new friends did.

The last thing she mentioned was how, in front of a guy she was "really interested in" (translation: had just met a few hours ago - she tends to go through guys quickly) I mention that we haven't gone downtown in a while. It came up in conversation, I didn't say it out of malice or anything. If anything I was joking about it! But apparently to her me mentioning that was awful and me telling him that she was no fun. Which I never said.

She was basically blaming me that a guy she had known for all of 8 hours, if that, didn't call her back. Which is ridiculous because I didn't say anything bad. It's not my fault if he didn't call her back. Maybe making a point to go outta your way to see him play an acoustic show 4 hours after you met him and having to bring friends he doesn't know since no one from the event wanted to come.

Shrug. Whatever.

So either way, I had been so tired of the drama. And I really don't need a friend that's going to go that mental after ALL that I've done for her since I've met her. If she wants to let her new friends control her opinion on people in her life - so be it. Lets see if they stick by her like I did.

I didn't argue. There wasn't much of a point. She was set in her way. Plus arguing via text is stupider than arguing on AIM. So I told her that I wasn't happy about it, but if she was going to be like that, so be it. And haven't heard from her since.

So much for having a lot of chick friends in town.

~GF

No comments: