Friday, April 18, 2008

I Always Liked Concerts...

So I went to a concert last night. Alone. I haven't done that in a while. Saves the Day and Armor for Sleep.

Going alone is always interesting. Sometimes it turns out good, sometimes it turns out bad.

This time it started out rocky. There weren't a lot of people there and it was damn cold. So I grabbed a drink and headed upstairs to the porch. No one out there of much interest. So I just sat down and enjoyed my drink since the music of the opening bands sucked. During the second drink a group next to me I had exchanged a few words with reacted to this random guy (RG) that had somewhat caught my interest when he said something. I was then drawn into the conversation, and became part of the group when they found out I went by myself.

I left the group to go to the bathroom, and luckily there weren't many people at the show so I easily found them on the floor. Surpisingly, my friend Rachel was now part of the group too. It was a welcomed addition to the night. Nice to have someone I knew to talk to with the new people.

Armor for Sleep blew a guitar amp and their music just doesn't do well with only one guitar. They were only able to play about five songs because they couldn't fix the amp (or borrow someone else's for some reason) and the songs just wouldn't sound good at all with only one guitar. I felt bad for them! I really like them, and the singer looked like he felt naked on stage without his guitar.

Saves the Day was a surprise. I knew the name, but it didn't register much with me. But when they started to play their first song, it instantly hit me that I not only knew them, I had seen them live. So that was nice. I knew one CD by them and they played the whole thing. I didn't know the other songs, but it was still fun.

The group of us sat outside talking for a bit and people slowly started to leave. Rachel and her friend. RG's friend. Then Rachel's friend, RG, and me sat talking for quite a bit and then Rachel's friend had to leave. RG and I had parked in the same direction, so we walked that way.

As we were walking, RG asked if I wanted to go get a drink with him. One drink to be specific. I told him ok as long as it was somewhere warm, so he gave me his hoodie to wear as we walked.

We decided where to go, but had a hard time getting there. We stood at my car talking for a while before we finally left for the restaraunt. I took a slightly longer way to get there because I didn't want to sit there by myself for a while and feel like a moron. As I was pullin into the parking lot I saw him walking towards the restaraunt, and he must have seen me since he walked to meet me at my car.

We had a lot of fun just sitting and talking. And then we played some trivial games at the bar, which I totally kicked his ass on.

Then the bar closed and we walked outside, and just sat there leaning against my car talking. Some random British guy walked up to us and asked us where the bathroom was. That's not really important, but it was pretty random and set off a walk through the drive through conversation as he was walking around the cars in the McDonald's drive through.

RG's phone had died, so he had me write down my number on his hand. All "highschool" like as he said. I thought it was cute. And I liked that he didn't just give me his number since my phone wasn't dead and ask me to call him.

After a ton of failed attempts to leave, we finally managed it around 5am. He told me that he'd send me a text once he got home so I'd have his number or whatever. And he did.

He's supposed to call me today after he gets out of work to watch a movie. So we'll see if he does.

~GF

No comments: