Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Crappy Day

So yesterday was a mess.

Had a routine dermatologist appointment that ended in the biopsy of three moles. Which didn't seem like that big of deal at the time it happened. Apparently the numbing shot works pretty well, but only for a short period of time.

The appointment happened to be back at my hometown, where my parents still live, so I was headed back to Orlando and to work when my car died about 2 miles from my house. Which utterly sucked, but as I was only a few miles from the intrastate, it would have sucked much more to die on that road.

Especially the way my car died. With three jerks and then it was done, no acceleration. It would have been dreadful on the intrastate.

It took a little over an hour for the AAA tow-truck to show up. Lucky for me, the guy whose house I broke down in front of brought me out a chair and a bottle of water while I waited.

I was home for an hour or so before my dad was to fix my car. By then my back started to hurt from the biopsy. My car was a quick fix. Litterally a screw loose in the spark plug area that kept the car from creating a spark.

And a spark is crucial to the working matters of a car.

Then my mom decided to be generous and change my bandaids. Holy hell did that hurt. Gah, pain all around.

I got home, passed out, woke up, ate, chatted a bit with friends, and then passed out again til this morning. Now this is just becoming a horribly boring recounting of my crappy day.

Oh, and I sent RG and text in the morning. I haven't heard back yet. That excitement didn't last long. Or, at least I'm pretty sure I sent him a text. My message box was full on my cell, so I deleted it all so I can't double check that I did in fact send it to him.

Randomness is no longer so great.

~GF

No comments: