Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Rare Occasion for Me

Since I am in no way thinking of or anywhere near prepared for this....

But I get bored as hell at work and have taken to reading other people's blogs and I came across this one of a mom and she was trying to decide what to name her kid. They already had the last name (of course) and settled on the first name, but the middle name was up in the air. There was one name in particular that they had taking a liking too, but weren't sure if they liked the initials.

A.W.K.

And my first thought was Andrew fucking W. K. that's the coolest initials ever!!

Well, one of.

And to top it off the first name of the kid actually is Andrew. It's like the perfect initials.

At least for a fan of Andrew W. K.

And a though crossed my mind...Wouldn't that be the coolest thing to give your kid that initials. Maybe by then no one else would remember him, but you'd know and smile from it. Plus you'd have a reason to introduce your kid to that music, and, well, who doesn't like to party hard?

I mean, I love Andrew W. K., but it's not like naming your kid after Britney Spears. They majority of people my age maybe don't even know his name. And it's not an exact copy. So it would be a perfect way to make *me* happy and not place my kid up for ridicule for the rest of his life.

See, I'm compromising for my maybe-but-possibly-never-who-knows kid already. I'm all mature like.

[I'm forgetting the part where I'd have to marry someone who's last name starts with K for this whole thing to be played out.]

Mark this as one of the few occasions that my 22 year old self even allows herself to think about one day having kids.

~GF

No comments: